I'm still here, just soaking in the last of my maternity leave. To say that I have been enjoying being at home with my boys is an understatement! I go back to work next monday and much of me is dreading it. I love my job, but I love my job as a mom more. If we could swing it financially, I would stay home in a second! The past few weeks have been spent celebrating birthdays with family, holidays with friends, corraling children and dogs in my house, and trying to grow things in my yard.
- Archer is doing great and growing like a weed. I took him for his 1 month appointment and he has grown 2 pounds. He is still only 25% in weight. Apparently I have skinny babies! I need to post his 1 month photos, even though he is already 6 weeks old!! He is SLEEPING THROUGH THE NIGHT, praise the GOOD Lord!!! We are also exclusively formula feeding since my milk dried up at 4 weeks. That deserves a post of its own.
-Keating's new favorite toy is Ike, when Ike isn't bullying him and knocking him down. He has learned that he can technically "ride" Ike. Ike doesn't seem to mind.
- Ike is more of a monster than ever. In the past week he has dug up my cilantro, rosemary, and basil. He has busted out of his crate while we were gone and eaten countless dirty diapers, a dozen oranges, a baseball bat, a small cypress tree, chewed a C size battery, and peed in my closet. He is lucky that I'm forgiving because he could be packing his bags to live in a dog house!
-Things are finally starting to grow in our yard. The blue hydrangeas that I planted last year came back as pink. I am a little disappointed because blue hydrangeas are my favorite. I'm working on getting them to change to blue. If that fails at least they are a pretty color pink!
- My lemon tree is blooming like crazy, hopefully that means lots of lemons this year! The blooms smell amazing like orange blossoms.
-We have three little garden boxes planted, so far they aren't looking so great. I planted cilantro, basil, rosemary, red peppers, bell peppers, collard greens, okra, cucumbers and tomatoes. Between bugs and the dog, the crops are looking bleak.
- Every afternoon Keating and I have popsicles on the porch. It has become a daily ritual that I love. There is nothing that says "summer" better than a popsicle!
- For memorial day weekend we spent time at the pool and went to the lake with friends. Making the trek to the lake made us realize that we never should have gotten rid of my Tahoe. My small economical car is hardly big enough for a family of four with two enormous car seats and a double stroller. We traded my car last year the day before I was surprised with a positive pregnancy test. Oops! :)
I hope everyone had a great memorial day!!